Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pc to HP-UX interface 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssphoenix

IS-IT--Management
Jan 22, 2001
US
I need to get something that will interface my pc with a HP unix box. Any recomendation would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps some eval or free unix interfaces ..

Thanks

What kind of interface are you looking for? Are you looking to be able to mount filesystems from the HP-UX box on your Windows machine? Or mount directories from your PC to the Unix box?

If you are looking at either then you should have a look at the CIFS/9000 products from HP. They are FREE, but you must have HP-UX 11.0, 11i (11.11), or 11.22 (11i v. 1.5 or 11i v. 1.6) in order for them to run.

Look here for more information:

CIFS/9000 Client (Mount PC directories from your HP-UX machine):

CIFS/9000 Server (Mount HP-UX filesytems from your PC):

Thank for your post. Unfortunately I am running one of the 10. versions. I need to get the interface to be able to run admin tools for creating accounts, printers, etc. We have a third party group that they are charging me for creating user accounts.

I am hoping to do this myself.

Thanks much.

I've tried putty unsuccessful. Perhaps I am doing something wrong. I am running 2000 or XP and have been using the XP telnet utility but it is too limited. When trying to run the admin utility, is asking me to format the screen and a few other things that no matter what select, it gives me garbage looking screen.

I was hoping to find a utility that will allow me to run the admin tools from a PC environment.

I have some experience with other Unix flavors but HP-UX is something totally new for me.

Thank you again.

What is you TERM set to in HP-UX? I have used putty to run SAM without a problem. Everything looks great. MY TERM is set to vt220 Also in your PuTTY configuration when you start a new session, go to "Connection" and in the "Terminal Type String" field, put in your Term type, vt220.

Then after you log into the HP-UX machine, do an 'echo $TERM' and see what your terminal is set to. If it's not vt220, set it to that 'export TERM=vt220' and then see what happens.

Hi,

How about using SimpTerm which is also free. I've been using it to connect to my HPUX server. The best part about SimpTerm is that you can do copy and paste with a click of the mouse.

The downloaded URL is as follows:

cheers,

Mok

I was using vt100. The vt220 works great. Thanks much .. You are a god.

This works great.

Steve

Hi All,

I need to give a urlconnect from my shell script and stream the data from the url. Is it possible using shell commands?Please shed some light...

That sounds interesting - what do you need to do exactly?

Mike

"Deliver me from the bane of civilised life; teddy bear envy."

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at faq219-2884

Hello

I use cygwin and it works great. It is a Linux interface you install under Windows I am running Windows XP Pro.
The web address is you can get to all the packages from that web site. When loaded you can run the KDE or Gnome desktop or just telnet and run Xwindows stuff by exporting the display. You can even run it like the commercial product Exceed where you can log into the Unix machine from your Windows machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back