Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pc ramdomly reboots,restarts itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockindon

Technical User
Dec 26, 2002
CA
Hi,iam new with my new pc.it's a intel p4 2.4(533),asus p4s8x motherboard,512mb ddr,and a ati radeon all in wonder 128mb video card.I just built my pc a few months ago and it runs great execept the fact it continusly restarts itself durring listening to music-music match juke box ,gamming-medal of honor,or sometimes on the net.any help would be greatly apprecciated. thanks

Power supply seems to be fine mary,and running under winxp pro.windows shows a device driver problem,when i send an error report.but when i check my log of errors windows says it rebooted because of a bugcheck.

Rockingdon...

I have had this problem with a PIII running a Geforce2 under Windows XP. It bottomed out at random points and always blue screened with the same VGA error.

I managed to resolve this by applying an updated driver from the manufacturer, since then, no problems! Unfortunately, XP being the smartass it is, you may have a problem getting it to belive that your new driver is superior to its own!

Best of luck!

UrbanK....

Meery Christmas to one and all....

tried new driver install for asus and or XP via windows update?

Well,i swapped the ram,wiped my c/ drive,a fresh win xp install,went to onboard sound,changed to an ATI 7000 64 mb (pci)video card and still no change.Maybe my motherboard? I'd like to thank everone once again for the support,you all have been great,hope i get the problem resolved soon.ROCKIN DON

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back