Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC Not Recognizing Burner

Status
Not open for further replies.

cLFlaVA

Programmer
Jun 14, 2004
US
Hi all. I'm not sure if this is the right forum, so please bare with me.

I have a cd burner (SONY CD-RW CRX300E) installed on a Windows XP Pro operating system. This problem happened to me once before with the burner that came with the computer, and I replaced it with the Sony. Now that it has happened again, I am hoping there is another alternative to replacement.

Everything worked fine, I had no problems burning with iTunes, Nero, etc. Then, I uninstalled one of my several burning applications (I believe it was FireBurner). Since then, the computer no longer recognizes this drive as a burning device. It can still read from the drive, but when I try to use iTunes or Nero to burn, it cannot find a burner.

Does anyone know where I can start trying to resolve this issue? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Cory

*cLFlaVA
----------------------------
[tt]clean slate...[/tt]
[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.coryarthus.com/[/url]

The ASPI layer doesn't apply to XP like it did in older OS's, at least not when it comes to cd writing. Instead, XP introduces the IMAPI CD Burning process in which compatible XP burn software typically use instead. Installing/upgrading the ASPI layer in XP often has no effect, and could potentially cause trouble with other devices.

~cdogg
[tab][navy]For general rules and guidelines to get better answers, click here:[/navy] faq219-2884

I have the same problem did all the above nothing works
cant even do a restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back