Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC has no firewire. What to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Jul 1, 2003
US
I am brand new at premiere and video graphics and such. A PC I am looking at to buy has good specs other than no firewire port. The price is really good so I dont want to pass it up. What do I do to get a firewire port in it?

Thanks

let me ask you this what kind of connection do you have on your camcorder,and how are you going to be send your information to the computer or are you going to send through RCA, or do you even have something to connect it too because if you have a camcorder thats doesn't have firewire port, then your going to have get a capture card with RCA to capture your video and audio with premiere, i think the fireware port is the best way to go, it fast and easy and not that expensive to buy, just go to best buy and get the software pinnacle studio 8 which comes with the firewire card and software too, which you can make mgp 2 out of it so you can burn dvd's. for only like 100 bucks, you can buy cards that is a tv tuner that you can plug your vcr in too, but yeah i think it would be worth it if you had firewire but if you don't have a camcorder or anything else to plug it into then why have it.

Yeah, ok, I figured it out pretty simply. My Mini DV does have a firewire. I guess all I need is to buy a firewire card for my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back