Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pc gone mad? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

turborob

Programmer
Dec 10, 2000
GB
What is wrong with my pc? This has happened three times.
What happens is, i hear a short metalic sound from the speakers then, when i move the cursor, the speed it usually moves at doubles also any shortcut on the desktop it moves over opens up and notepad aswell.
I have tried pressing esc and ctrl+alt+del and all this does is crash the pc.
ps. i have been connected to the internet on two of the occasions this has happened.
i have also had a scare with a virus js seeker that norton antivirus 2000 detected.
could this be the problem?

thanx in advance, rob........................

I think you'll find it probably is, has Norton deleted the Virus or put it in quarantine?

norton put it in quarantine.
what do i need do to get rid fo this.

In quarantine there should be the option to erase it. Have you done a full scan of your system? If not Norton may have just picked up the executable part of the virus, while the payload is still resident on your system i.e. registry changes etc. Do a full scan and see what happens, shouldn't worry about the virus in quarantine as it cannot do any harm in there. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back