Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pc does not boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

hybrid368

MIS
Sep 21, 2002
US
my pc froze on me. attempted to restart but to no avail. monitor does not show a display, it shows "no signal input or cable disconnected. what could be the problem? i have swapped out the memory with a working one and swapped out the motherboard with a working one but still no results. is this the cause of a bad power supply?

If it froze with a display still on the screen it is more likely the processor, motherboard, or video.
If it froze with everything black, then possibly the power, but also video.
Does keyboard flash on power-on, hard drive spin up, cd flash? Ed Fair
unixstuff@juno.com
Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

everything powers up but no display. i swapped out the video card too with a working one. also...i just tried powering my system up and it gave 5 long beeps.

Have you changed the memory, or ensured that it is fully seated?

yes i changed the memory twice with the computer that im using right now. and i also did make sure that it was seated correctly.

i removed all memory sticks and no post beeps. i swapped out the motherboard also. could this be a cpu problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back