Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC Console (M2250) Maxium loop length

Status
Not open for further replies.

wog424d

Vendor
Aug 29, 2003
HK
Dear all,
Did you known how any loop length for pc console(m2250)?

thank's

steven

can't quote the book but my 6 consoles are about a quarter of a mile from the switch. power tn's are on the switch, not local to the consoles.. how far are you trying to run them?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

hi john,
thank's for your help.
for my case: pc consle with my siwth(cs1000E)around 120Meter , i was try to connect with powee's TN ( 3rd tn , 4th&5th TN) but can't work.can you detail to me how to connect with pc console?
my connection as below.
=========================================
DB-25 SIGNAL
14 to 1st TN(tip)
2 to 1st TN (ring)

15 to 2nd TN (tip)
3 to 2nd TN (ring)

15 to 3rd TN (tip)
3 to 3rd TN (ring)

32+7 to 4th&5th Tn (tip)
33+8 to 4th&5th Tn (ring)
======================================
thank's a lot.

steven

Hi John,
How to connect the power's tn for pc consloe?

need your help.thank you.

steven

the white blue pair is your 1st tn pins 26 1
the white orange pair is your 2nd tn pins 27 2

the tip side of your two power tn's connect to the red orange pair pins 32 and 7 (red orange pair)

the ring side of your two power tn's connect to the red green pair, pins 33 and 8

the 2250 will work without power if you have the 1st two pair connected, the lamps may be dim.. the red blue pair is positive, the red orange pair is negitive... i usually connect a new console in the switchroom before i send it through tie cable.. just quicker that way for me.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

john,
i has been try to connected the pc console with power's tn under the switch system CS1000E,but when over length around 120 meter , press loop key hear the noise. did you known it is CS1000E problem?

thank's

steven.

haven't ran into that problem. like i posted mine are over 500 meters if my metric conversion is right. power is not used for talk battery. does a 3900 set on the same voice pair work.. white blue is the speech path for that set. none of my tie cable is cat 5, it's all old cat 3, my 6 consoles work in the same 50 pair, i have grounded some of the vacant pair in that tie to discourage crosstalk... the trouble does not sound as much like distance as it does bad pair..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back