Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC Can't Join 2008 Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phizzle

IS-IT--Management
Aug 2, 2001
US
I have 2 2008 AD DC servers, both doing DNS. I have a new PC that is unable to join the domain stating that it can't find the A records in _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.cbhc - however, those A records are there. I've also tried to use these 2 servers as DHCP servers without any luck. When I turn off DHCP on the old box and turn it on, on the 2008 boxes, the PCs do not get new addresses when the old ones expired. Is there something I'm missing w/ 2008 server on these issues? Sorry for being so vague, but these do not make any sense as to why they are occuring so I'm not sure where else to look.

Thanks in advance,
Philip

More Information:

From the PC I can ping & tracert the FQDN of the AD server but not the NetBIOS name. We do not have an extension as part of our FQDN as in .local ours is just . Does this have anything to do with the issue of not being able to join the domain or is it an issue with the PC and not the server?

Thanks again,
Philip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back