Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC BOOTS WITH YELLOW LIGHT

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcrun

Technical User
Jul 25, 2003
US
I ha ve a Gateway PC that boots up but the power button is yellow. I changed the battery. At times it boots properly and the power button turns green.
In the power settings, i disabled the standby mode.
What else can cause the power button to staty yellow?
I poened the case and checked all the connections to the power supply.

I meants to say that when the power button is yellow, the cd rom works but the pc does not boot

Do you even get the POST beep? If it's not going as far as giving you the POST beep, then it appears that the power supply regulator is going. It routs power to the motherboard and all drives, and if it doesn't receive a "Power Good" return from all parts, the system will freeze. If that is the case, the only thing that will fix it is a new power supply.

I never hear the post beeps even after i changed the BIOS not to have "silent boot".
Some days it boots fine and some other days it does not boot. Also when it boots, many times it does not start the monitor. I will try to replace the power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back