Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC boot problem 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crustyoldbloke

Technical User
Jul 15, 2002
GB
Last week I moved my son's PC, taking care not to drop it or bash it. When it was in it's new place, it failed to boot. The boot sequence goes as far as "verifying pool data" and stops.

I have tried to boot it from a floppy "startup disk" and from a Win98 CD, by changing the bios sequence, to no avail. I have also changed the hard drive to a known "good one", again, no good.

Am I looking at a motherboard problem? or is there something else I should be doing diagnostically to get to the root of the problem?

Any help, greatly appreciated.

How about starting a new thread. From the basics.
No need to try troubleshooting a basic boot problem with all the overhead included above. Ed Fair
unixstuff@juno.com
Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

I agree. How about it 'Bloke? Jay [infinity]
"If the words up and down were reversed, would you trip and fall or trip and fly?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back