Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC attendant console Vs M2250 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikramkumar

IS-IT--Management
May 7, 2005
TW
Folks:

Is Nortel PC attendant console better than M2250 from stability and functionailty perspective. What extra features does PC attendant console provide.

Vendor says, Nortel has stopped producing M2250 and I need to buy PC attendant console instead.

Is there a site where I can find detail information on PC attendant console?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

-Vikram

i installed half a dozen pc consoles right after they were released, they were not even close to dependable. nice features, lights and bells. but it seems one of the 6 was always getting rebooted. the customer had us take them out and install 2250's. i will not recogmend my customers to use the pc based consoles. i would expect nortel to support the 2250 for at least another 5 years. that is based on history, not insider information. in the past, end of production has occured at least 5 years prior to an item no longer being supported..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I Totally agree with John. The PC is prone to power problems, windows problems ect.ect....It also does not like Any noise on the line - be it from the power supply to the PC or the Cat 5 being routed close to power.
I also prefer a 2250 - although they look like the are out the 1950's. But if something works - its worth keeping.

i wish nortel would come up with a decent console, based on the 3900 series. your right about the 2250. older then dirt, but the bleeding edge is not where i want to be with my consoles

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Apparently they are bringing out a IP Console some time this year.....should look good - just hope it performs as well as the 2250.

if it hits this year, maybe they'll get the bugs out of it before i retire.. used to do beta testing, now they let the techs find the quirks

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thats cool - I hope so to - but then again - nothing is fail safe till given to a user.......

I had the PC based program you are talking about when I arrived at the work site and after a week removed it. I learned the operators had nothing but problems and switched back to the 2250. Like it was said in earlier briefs the system has to be rebooted too much.

Has anyone tried Smile console s/w. installed this on several sites without problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back