Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC Attendant BLF for 2250 CIU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacyjo5

Technical User
May 17, 2004
US
I have an existing customer with the old Nortel PC Attendant using a CIU. They will be upgrading in the next few weeks to a conveant solution (nortel partner). With this product they can monitor 150 extensions off the system. I am assuming this works like the old 2250 BLFs. My question is, with the BLFs, do they program like a BFS key on a phone where only one key is necessary to monitor the whole phone or do they simply monitor that particular key? Does the BLF only show the user busy if they are on key 0?
Currently this customer does not have 150 extension in sequence so I am going to have to dummy up some extensions and use IDC tables etc. to make this work. I am wondering if I can put my "dummy" number anywhere on the set and monitor the whole set or if I need to put it on key 0.

Hope this makes sense!

Thanks!

Hadn't gotten a response - just thought I would throw this one back up to the top.

Thanks in Advance

They are probably supporting the old BLF feature of the Meridian1 (limit of 150 consequtive DNS). If programmed properly the PBX automatically notifies the console/PC console if the state of one of the 150 DNs changes (busy to idle or vice-versa). The DNs will show busy under several conditions. If the DNs are multi-appearance SCR keys then the DN will show busy if any one of the appearances is in use. If the MARP TN has their MSB key lit the DN will also show busy. For MCR keys - all appearances must be active in order for the DN to show busy.

Thanks for the response - we actually got it working earlier this year. I just used the IDC tables to convert the numbers that weren't consecutive and chg'd key 0 on the sets.

Thanks Again
Stacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back