Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC Anywhere Trials?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baybook

MIS
Sep 16, 2004
US
Does anyone have a link a PC Anywhere trial version?

My version will not work with XP and I can not find info about a new trial on the symantec website. I need to connect remotely and can not wait for my employer to purchase and ship a disk to me.

Never mind. I must have been tired. I see it now.

I don't know if you are dependent on using dial-up for remote access and/or have to have file transfer capabilities, but 3mLabs offers a 256 bit encrypted SSL-based remote access free version called Log Me In. Works great through existing firewalls, uses good authentication processes, allows multiple machines to be configured for access, and gives you access anywhere you can get to a web browser. It's extremely painless to install and setup. Very similar to the Go To My PC application, but the Pro version cost less per month or annually.

I've had to evaluate a large number of access solutions during the last year and this is one of the better solutions I've seen to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back