Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC Anywhere first time use - help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wookie27

IS-IT--Management
Dec 4, 2002
GB
I am going to be installing PC Anywhere on my home PC (Remote) and a family members PC (Host) So I can help them out as they are new to windows etc...

Basically I want to dial straight into their PC via our modems. What I want to know is will PC anywhere automatically answer the call or do I have to create a "Accept incomming calls" connection within Windows first ? The two PC's are both running WIN2000 Professional.

Also if this is possible what is the performace over a dialup line going to be like .. will it be useable i.e screen refreshes etc.. ?

Thanks in advance for any advice

The screen refreshes pretty good in pcanywhere. I use it all the time to dial into the stores that I work with. Granted I use a T1 connection but dial up also works pretty good. As to connecting to your families computer you need to launch a host. When you open pcanywhere and you see those computers just right click on the computer for dial up and go to properties and change the properties that you need and make a user. Then when you are through go and launch the host by right clicking on the host computer icon again. Then you will be able to connect using your computer at home.

not special setup necessacary you have to give the host a username and password and the remote has to match it. Performance will be slow but workable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back