Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC Anywhere equivilant 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CST

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2000
GB
I currently use PC Anywhere to save my legs when supporting user issues. Does anyone know of a similar software I can use that enables you to tandem to a user but without them knowing. The user knows when you are in with PC Anywhere as it blacks out the screen.

Thanks

Raechout Enterprise works from browser. Does however notify client. I run the helpdesk where I work and we use this and PC Anywhere IP connection and these both work without blanking screen.

Proxy from Funk software is great. I agree with Ivennard. I have used this tool for a couple of years and it has saved me many a footstep.

Has anyone found a registry hack (or some other way) to remove VNC's icon from the systray?

johnpeckii@excite.com

I too am looking for a way to remove the VNC icon from the system tray.

I don't care about snooping.
my users keep clicking on the "new" icon and shutting down VNC, or changing the password.

It gets annoying when a labor saving device becomes a point of contention.

If they don't see the icon, then they will leave it alone.

i too am looking for something to hide icons and also lockup the desktop our users only need to click on 3 programs which all run from the network anyway i can have a FREE program or something that costs less than $100 for 200 pc license to lock down the pc so they can't abuse it? please let me know if you know of anything useful.

THANKS
PURVIN

Try using netsupport to handle your desktops as well as the legal issues that CST brings up. Also allows two communication if needed or desired.

Use Net Meeting, it's free, and you can do a lot of cool stuff with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back