Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC Anywhere ColorScale thread595-1106427

Status
Not open for further replies.

lloydpctech

IS-IT--Management
Jul 10, 2006
US
In version 11.0 I connect to a host that is also version 11.0 but I am not able to change the color scale once I am connected. The option is greyed out using the remote connection. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

This question was asked before and closed with no answer. My case I have version 11.0 as the client and the host is 11.5. I'm sure the same solution applies.

Thanks,
Lloyd

To change display settings during a remote control session
1. In the Session Manager window, on the left navigation bar, under Remote Control, click View/Edit Online Options.

2. In the Online Options window, select one of the following:

Reduce host desktop to match remote: Synchronizes the resolution settings on the host computer to match the settings on the remote computer.
Host active window tracking: Automatically moves any active window (for example, a dialog message) that appears on the host computer screen to a visible part of the remote screen.
For example, a dialog box that requires an action from you might appear out of the viewing area on your computer. Because you cannot see the message, you might think the session has locked. By checking this option, you ensure that such dialog messages appear in a visible part of your screen.

ColorScale: Lets you set the color level for the remote computer screen.
This option is available on low-bandwidth connections only. Lowering the number of colors that are displayed increases performance. If a sharper display is more important to you than color, use the 4 colors setting.

Host keyboard/mouse locked: Disables the keyboard and mouse on the host computer.
3. Click OK.

Bo

Kentucky phone support-
"Mash the Kentrol key and hit scape."

Problem solved. The option for the colorscale was not available because the remote connection properties were not set to "low bandwidth". The colorscale option is only available when "low bandwidth" is selected before connecting to the host.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back