Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC access problems o(-_-)o

Status
Not open for further replies.

muosman

Technical User
Jul 18, 2003
GB
I have just built a MS SBS Server, all went well. I set my self up as a user with full admin rights. I then joined my pc to the domain all good. The problem I'm having is I can't browse to my pc from the server I keep getting
\\PC is not accessable
The network path was not found

I can see the pc in active directory/entire network. I can ping the pc and when I'm on the PC I can navigate to the server no problem.

Can any one help? Please advise if more information is required about my setup.

MuOs o(-_-)o

hi,

u need to login once from PC as administrator to establish the trust relationship between the client and the server.

tried that dude = no joy, have you any other options?

MuOs o(-_-)o

Do you have any folders shared on the PC? If nothing is shared there won't be anything to browse to. Also, what OS do you have running on the PC?

Just a thought,

Joe Brouillette

Just for jollies, throw the server in a hosts file and see what happens. Also, more details about dhcp, dns, wins etc. Try and do a ipconfig /all >>c:ipconfig from each and compare the server to the client and see if anything strange shows up. Good luck.

Glen A. Johnson
Johnson Computer Consulting
MCP W2K
glen@johnsoncomputers.us

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884
"Action is the proper fruit of knowledge."
Thomas Fuller (1610-1661); English scholar, preacher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back