Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PBXLink Digital Port Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duaneness

Technical User
Apr 12, 2001
US
Hey all,

I have a Connected Systems PBXLink connected between an Avaya G3siV9.5 and an Asterisk/FreePBX box being used exclusively for voicemail. I have ISDN/PRI connectivity between the Avaya and the Asterisk; Calls cover to voicemail with no issue.

I have FreePBX setup to use SMDI to provide the MWI back to the Avaya. I have confirmed that FreePBX is sending the proper codes to the PBXLink box. However, the PBXLink is not connecting to the Avaya digital set to pass the info.

I have tried multiple ports on multiple boards (2-Wire integration using a TN2181 & 8434D set; 4-wire integration using a TN754 and 8434D,7434D, and 7434ND sets). The 2-wire integration never connected. Four-wire integration shows a status of

Code:
A: OK    Level=17
B: Disabled

While the "Level" value changes depending on what set type I use, the Port A light continues to flash slowly. According to the Owner's Manual, that indicates that the "Digital line is active but the PBX has not responded to PBXLink commands."

On the keypad display, the "Monitor PBXLink/Monitor Indicators" shows
Code:
A: Not Functioning
B: Disabled

On the Avaya side, the station status is in-service/on-hook. The extension is listed as having "System-wide Retrieval Permission" in system-parameters features.

I have changed out the cable between the port and the PBXLink; I have even re-wired the jack on the Avaya side. Nothing seems to bring the PBXLink port into service.

The PBXLink box was brand new / in-box a week ago. Could the port be bad?

Is there a website where I can download firmware updates for this box?

Thanks for any help!

- Duane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back