Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PBX / VM Help 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlumCrazy1

Technical User
Jan 8, 2003
US
Hello,

I am a Definity admin trying to work on a Partner system.

I am attempting to upgrade a system to Ver. 6 ACS Partners and version 3.0 Voicemail and a new voicemail system on.

I started to program the system but got stuck and start trying everything to combine the voicemail system and the PBX together.

I need to reset the system to the default settings? How to?

I then need to combine the voicemail and the PBX together.

I need to set up the voicemail hunt group? 7 I believe and add the members last time I used member 78 and 79 I think, but the voicemail card has been moved from the main processor card to the 4th card from the right.

I need to add the mail boxes to the system?

I need to add the auto attendant to the system?

Setup day and night greetings.

I believe I press 777 to get into the voicemail system, once in how do I set up the day and night greats / auto attendant?

I do I set up the voicemail boxes with greeting?

Are there default passwords I need?

How do I set up out calling?

How do I set up Partner ACS Remote Administration? On the PBX/ voicemail and the application?

Thanks,

PlumCrazy1

sounds like you need to start a page one of the manual
and start reading.

cwc3 is right. Get familiar with how to program and use the quick reference guide, usually in the back of the manual(s).The voice mail system will guide you through programming with factory prompts once you set up the hunt group ext's. 78 and 79 are the right ext's on a PCVM.

Hi PlumCrazy1,
Now that you are using Partner Messaging, you need to figure out what ports are assigned to the voicemail. Ext 78,79 are for PVM cards only, so don't forget to deprogram them from hunt group 7.
The ports on the Partner Mail are numbered the same as the station cards, add the number of ports starting from the last ext# on the system +1 to the number of ports your license card gives you. (ie last ext # 25 with a four port, assign ext 26-29 to hunt group 7). You can now access voicemail.
The rest of the programming is fairly straight forward, but you may want to bring in a Partner tech to set the system up and watch how it's done. Maintaining the system would be easy from there.
-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back