Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PBX Unfied Software on Windows 10 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

chriskane001

Technical User
Feb 1, 2009
AU
Hello there,

I have just upgrade my laptop to a MSI GE62 2QE and using Windows 10. I have loaded the PBX Unified software Version UPCMCv7.8.1.1_R14 loads on my laptop ok but will not load the USB drivers, and when I connect to a TDA 30 system no detection via usb at all. Has anyone has any ideas to resolve this issue. I appreciate any help on this matter . Thank you

If you tried to load the drivers without being connected it may the issue. Try plugging into the system then go to device manager. If it is in there either delete it and refresh devices or update driver

I don't know about the usb drivers, but I gave up trying to get the console working on my win10 laptop. If you click any drop down the app locks up. Which makes it completely useless. Threw it on an 8.1 box and it works fine. Well, it works...

I had Windows 8.1 and a load of stuff would not work so I went back to 7. I have a free upgrade to 10 but not until I hear it is bug free ( as much as Microsoft can be at least)

Just to follow up, I am now running the unified software in a Hyper-V instance of Win 7 Pro SP1 on my Win 10 pro laptop as the host (LVO X220T I-5, 16gb, 1tb ssd). Working fine in that environment except you have to be hard wired to the network - the wifi doesn't work in the VM, but that's a Hyper-V problem. I allocated 4096 MB ram and 40 gb hard disk for the VM since it's pretty much just for the unified software and my convenience of not having to jump to another pc. I tried it on my Ubuntu system with Wine and it would NOT work at all.

I run the unified software just fine in Win10. Although I haven't tried the USB drivers though - nothing to test it with (yet). But connecting over IP works just fine.

That's crazy. I wonder what it doesn't like about my system. Was your unified software already install before upgrading to 10 from 7 or 8? or was it always a 10 pc?

I run the unified console on an HP win 10 laptop, havent had any issues ethernet or USB
TVM software works fine
The only isu I seen to have is with connecting to NS series systems with Chrome and Ie, But connecting with firefox has no issues what so ever

Cheers

Looks like the Maintenance console USB drivers are fine on Windows 10 and not Windows 8

Heard many complaints from my clients especially in USA and the Caribean

how did you install the drivers? The download only comes with drivers up to Windows 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back