Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PBX substituting numbers it shouldn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.

benlinkknilneb

Programmer
May 16, 2002
US
My office people reported a strange issue this week...

We have an employee whose HOME TELEPHONE number is 555-0237. Conveniently, our PBX is on the same exchange, in the 2200 area (e.g. 555-2200).

The office workers are reporting that when they try to reach the employee at home, they're automatically redirected (even though they're dialing out and everything) right back to our extension 237 rather than to the employee's home phone.

My brain is just about fried... any idea what would cause this?

Ben
Windows isn't the answer; it's the question. NO is the answer.

I just took a look there, but all the entries are blank. So I guess that's not the cause.

Any other ideas?

Ben
Windows isn't the answer; it's the question. NO is the answer.

post the results of a "list trace stat" when they are attempting to make this call.

Susan
"An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you do know and what you don't."
- Anatole France

Check with your telephone company. They are treating that number as "on-net", when it should be an "off-net" call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back