Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PBX Mermail MAX upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

teekow

Vendor
Nov 23, 2003
US
I have a 25.30 Option 81C with Mermail ver 11.19 and MAX ver 9.3. I will be going to Rls 4.0 PBX with Call Pilot rls 4.0 and SCCS 5.0. Is there any benefit or risk involved in the order with which I perform these upgrades? I doubt that I will be able to do everything all in one night. Right now I am planning on Installing the Call Pilot first for use only with SCCS which will be put in to service during the first phase. Then I am planning on migrating the data from Mermail on a separate night to Call Pilot and putting that in to service. Finally, I will upgrade the PBX on a subsequent night. I am specifically worried about versions of software working with each other and backwards compatibility.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks
Teekow

One thing only rel. 12 and 13 of MerMail will work with succesion 3 and 4.

i did the cp migration twice, once to test and once the night of in service, that saved all the latest msgs, be sure to build all you applications (menus, announcents etc) ahead of timem they take time, the migration will move the recordings but not the menus.. if you have a menu service 3000 the new file name will be ms13000, the sdn table does not move

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back