Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PBX extension over VPN for Home Worker ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stampingstan

Technical User
Jul 25, 2006
GB
I am investigating what is required to enable a internal telephone extension (can be analogue or digital) to be extended into a home location using IP over a VPN.

I may wish to do this for approximately 10 home workers.

Has anybody implemented this functionality.

We have a Siemens Realitis DX running 6.3 software. I have a mixture of analogue and digital extensions. We do not currently have any VOIP equipment.

I have identified some US based kit that appears to do what I want, but can not find any UK based suppliers or distributors.

The TC1910 looks suitable for a single user solution
however for several users I might be better with a multiple access gateway at the office end rather than lots of "paired" units.
any comments or advice relating to this would be appreciated.

Cheers
Stampingstan (new forum user)

Hot Desking & Home Working was introduced to the iSDX/Realitis range at software revision 7.1.001 so au upgrade would be the easiest way to achieve Home working for multiple users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back