Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PBX calling out 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dphone

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2003
US
We do not have a maintenance contract with any vendor.
I was wondering if there is a way to have the Meridian 81 call my cell phone when there is a problem? Also, what I need to do to make this happen?

YOU WOULD NEED A SEB TO COLLECT THE ERROR CODES THEN YOU PROGRAM THE SEB TO CALL YOUR CELL

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

so get a contract and sleep at night...get a switch only contract and rest easy ..

Pat Guido
NEXTIRAONE
Pat.guido@nextiraone.com

Formerly Nextira, formerly Williams Communications, formerly Wiltel, formerly Nortel networks, formerly Northern Telecom, formerly, Nynex meridian systems formerly Northern Telecom.

Or if you really want to have your own alarm monitoring. Get otm with alarm management and set up the alarm scripts to call you.

Or....If you go into the Aspect forum and go back through the posts, there was a person who has Procomm monitoring an output of his switch and when certain error codes were spewed out of the switch, his Aspect script sent an email notification. You could have the email go to your alpha pager, 2way pager or text your cell phone. I was interested in his script myself, but I am watching too many switches (all come back to a single PC running multiple Procomm sessions) and could not come up with a great solution other than multiple SEBs...too expensive. But if you are watching a single switch, this may do the trick for you....start searching, or post the question, relating to Aspect on that forum and see if that user pops up again.

I like the Procomm script option also before you go and pay the money for OTM. A concern I have with the SEB's is that correct me if I am worng, you also need the server part to program the Trigger words and what not? So this can be a very expensive route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back