Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PBX call Looping. No symposium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rowmart

IS-IT--Management
Sep 19, 2003
CA
Hi everyone, I'm back from an Aspect to a nortel environment and have the folowing question. I have two ACD queues configured to overflow from one another. I am investigating a case where I show over 500 calls in the acd report under the manual overflow column for both queues for a same half hour (which is too high and abnormal). I suspect a loop. I know that one department were in a meeting overflowing to the other queue. My question is; Is it possible that the queue receving calls from the queue gone in a meeting decided to manualy activate the overflow therefore creating a loop condition?

thanks!

yes if both acd groups have met the ovdn threshold you can cause a loop

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

i would use auto log off (not homl) and set a ncfw to avoid that. with all agents logged out the ncfw will travel to acd group 2, even if the ovdn tries to send it back to group 1, with it in nights it can't...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

apparently when both queues are closed, it overflows to a 3 queue?? I will have to get the ACD queues config and have a look at it. Also, are those (LD XX) books available anywhere on the web??

google for merl+nortel.. i had a couple of sites but they seem to get moved. that loop is not in use when they are all logged off, without seeing the acd software, i would think, ovdn (overflow) not ncfw.. with both in nights call do not go into que.. user gets ringback, call trace shows low_que (no answer supervision)

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back