Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PBX call detail records arent showing "011"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jguderian

IS-IT--Management
Sep 14, 2004
US
We are using an NEC NEAX 2000IVS2 with Office Watch for call accounting. Im unsure how long ago, but for some reason the PBX has stopped outputting "011" for call detail records. This is causing all international calls to go undetected by Office Watch.

Where would I need to go to view these settings, and make appropriate changes?

I can see in my Adtran unit that the PBX is sending a 011 to ATT's network, but it doesnt seem to send the same info to my call accounting package.

Any ideas?

Very strange. Are you sure that AT&T is asking for the 011? Many AT&T spans I have installed I have to strip the 011 form the number before accessing the trunks. They route the call based on the country code.
Also the PBX will only output what is dialed on the actual trunks themselves and not what's dialed on the key pad.
You can stop the PBX from outputting just 011 calls or add digits to the SMDR record but there is no way to just strip off digits like the 011 and send our the remaining number dialed.
If this is what is really happening I'd say you have a bad AP00 card but I doubt that. When that card goes bad it doesn't work at all.
I would make 100% sure is being sent out on the trunks to the carrier. Is this ISDN PRI?

No ATT doesnt require 011, and I think that may be where the problem is.

I was incorrect that my Adtran Atlas 550 unit sees the 011. Currently the PBX isnt sending the 011 to the ATT trunk.

So if I need to see the 011 in the SMDR, what are my options? My call accounting doesnt pick up international calls without it.

This is a LD PRI.

Your only options would be to send the international calls to their own trunk route. Break out a few channels from the existing and then flag CM 3544 for that route with a 1 or 2 digit code (00~99) that will be added to each call out that trunk route. Unfortunately you cannot add a 3 digit code. Or your call accounting software can just view all calls out that trunk route as international.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back