Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PBX/AUDIX backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

gezlee

Vendor
Jul 23, 2002
US
Does anyone have a SOP for backing up a G3siV12 and Audix?
I need to write up a draft for my backup log, but I'm bad at the whole write instructions for making a peanut butter sandwich to someone that's never seen or heard of peanuts or butter or sandwichs.

Probably the Avaya Definity forum would be best. Give the particular kind of Audix that u have too.

Da-vi'do

P.S. A message to all,if you want to get the best response to a question, please read FAQ222-2244 first. Also give the type & version of your voice mail & pbx system & preview your post to make sure it is complete & understandable. Be aware that if u don't answer a question, I usually will not continue to help u.

Intuity AUDIX 4.4 which is Year 2000 Compliant.
This system runs on Unixware 1.1 (based on UNIX 4.2)

PBX
G3siV12 Software version:R012i.00.221.1

If set up correctly, both the Intuity and pbx back themselves up every night. What is important is to check to see if they are backing themselves up. If they are, then take a copy of this backup off site in case of fire or flood. U will need an extra tape for the Intuity and extra flash card for the PBX. Don't leave either system without a backup medium in place or it will alarm.
To see if they are doing a backup, do "status card" in the pbx and see if it did a backup last night. In the Intuity check the backup log under 'customer services adment'.

If u have annoucements in the pbx then u need to back them up too.

Da-vi'do

P.S. A message to all,if you want to get the best response to a question, please read FAQ222-2244 first. Also give the type & version of your voice mail & pbx system & preview your post to make sure it is complete & understandable. Be aware that if u don't answer a question, I usually will not continue to help u.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back