Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PB9 - char column control not aligning to the right in DW painter 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wootoid

Technical User
Jul 26, 2008
US
I have a field in one of my datawindows that is based off a char 10 column in my AS/400 db.

I have the field's alignment set to right, but it does not actually align fully to the right. It basically sets itself a hair of centered, and functions as though I set it to centered.

No matter how large I make the field the text remains near the center right and never at the right edge.

Does anyone know how to correct this, it is occurring on every data window I am trying to add this field to, and I have many DWs that need this field.

Thanks

Aren

If I don't remember wrong. with AS-400 the data recovered might have been filled up with white spaces to the maximum field length. Try doing a Trim( ) on your column and see if things improve...

regards,
Miguel L.

I you have the option to do so, you may wish to remove trailing blanks at the database connection level within PB.

Matt

"Nature forges everything on the anvil of time

Thanks for the suggestions, using trim() did exactly what I needed. I don't really have the option to do too much at the db connection level.

Aren

yes Wootoid is right, you can avoid to have to do trims all over the code (it's a drag for a user: if he's got to edit any data, first they have to delete the whitespaces).

instead of changing the conection profile you can also edit te pbodbxx.ini file, adding an option. (do some google on it and you'll find it if you decide to use it).

regards,
Miguel L.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back