Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pb : Adding a break automatically sorts the report alphabetically !

Status
Not open for further replies.

srobiolle

IS-IT--Management
Mar 26, 2003
FR
Hello,

I have a report which looks like :

COL 1 COL 2 .... COL X
A8 rrrr
A8 rrrr
A8 aaaa
A8 ffff
A8 ffff
A8 zzzz

A1 yyyy
A1 zzzz
A1 zzzz
A1 aaaa

COL 1 and COL 2 have their own sorting criteria (an internal ID).
Now what I would like is adding a break on COL1 and COL 2, and center the values.
BUT, when adding the break, BO automatically sorts COL 1 and COL 2 on a alphabetic criteria, scrambling my table :

COL 1 COL 2 .... COL X
A1 aaaa
A1 yyyy
A1 zzzz
A1 zzzz

A8 aaaa
A8 ffff
A8 ffff
A8 rrrr
A8 rrrr
A8 zzzz

Is there a way to add a break with no sort (or a personal one) ?

Thanks
Stéphane

Break really shouldn't change the Sort order of the Column. Thats how it works in my comp. Try to put a custom sort on Col1 and Col2 and insert a break. See if the sort is intact.

Sri

Yes, I've tried to sort the data, but it gets me to a trickier problem :
- when sorting in SQL, nothing happens and the problem is the same (although the data is correct in the data window!)
- when sorting in BO on my internal ID, I need to put it into the table, then hide it. But BO doesn't understand it like this, and multiplies my lines as if the ID was still visible :

COL 1 COL 2 SUM
A1 aaaa 10000

becomes
COL 1 COL 2 SUM
A1 aaaa 10000
A1 aaaa 10000
A1 aaaa 10000
A1 aaaa 10000

whenever I put off the hidden ID column, my lines are not multiplied anymore, but the sort disappears....

Send me the report if you don't mind I will look into it. Also provide what you want in the email message.

Sri
e_ssen@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back