Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Payments to customers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

luceze

Programmer
Apr 26, 2001
US
Has anyone written a check to a Customer?
I can't get more than one distribution line on a check written to a customer (for a refund). I would appreciate any ideas on the subject.

Thanks,
Eric

You can modify the check printout to include a larger memo field. Then add the info to the memo field as you fill out the individual checks.

If doing many checks that way, you'll want to modify the checks to print an enlarged 'descriptions' field in place of the 'memo' field.

Go to the 'records' menu and scroll down to 'check distributions'. Then click once on the current check form you use. Then click on the 'design' button. Look for the field that says 'memo' and enlarge by dragging the corner; or for multiple checks, double click and get the properties box to appear. Then change the field menu to show 'description'. Then click 'ok' and drag the corner to enlarge to the size desired.

Remember to save this new check form under a different name.

Email me if you needed additional pointers.

The previous answer was based on the assumption that peachtree did not print out the full line of the description.

My response didn't cover the possibility that you had multiple refunds or line items.

Thanks for the responses.

Multiple line items are the problem. It only allows one line item per refund. I did not know if that was hard coded into PeachTree or if there was a setting or procedure that needed to be changed.

That was what I was afraid of but thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back