Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Payables Apply - Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTina

Technical User
Oct 27, 2003
CA
I have a situation where a user got disconnected when applying a manual payment.

The result now is:
The invoice was already posted, is open and marked as fully applied even though there are no apply details

The cheque was not saved at all (as the user was disconnected before saving).

I've run reconciliation and and check links but this has not corrected the problem.

FROM SQL:
PM20000 field curtrxam = 0 for the invoice
PM20100 has record linking invoice with the unsaved cheque
PM10000 no records for cheque/invoice
PM10100 has distribution details for the invoice only
PM10200 has record linking invoice with the unsaved cheque
PM10201 no records
PM10300 no records
PM10400 no records

My Plan:
Set the curtrxam field in PM20000 back to the full amount of the invoice.
Delete the record in PM10200 linking invoice and cheque
Run reconcile and check links again.

Has anyone ever had this issue before? Does my plan sound like a solid one or will it make things worse?

I need some help asap

When you mention you have completd reconciliation, are you referring to the Reconcile window as found under

Tools --> Utilities --> Purchasing --> Reconcile?

This should fix the Current Transaction amount (CURTRXAM) field as you were planning on doing.

However, you do mention there is a record in the PM20100.
If you remove this record, the above process should work.

------
Robert

Thanks for your input Robert.

After setting curtrxam field in PM20000 I was able to apply the cheque to the invoice. However a new problem arose: only the cheque moved to history. The invoice is still open even though it is marked as fully applied.

I've run just about every utility: Reconcile, Checklinks, Rebuild PMKeys to push the fully applied invoice to history but none has been successfull.

Now I don't know what to do with it and of course it now shows up incorrectly on the aging reports.

Help.

On the PM20000 table, check the field DINVPDOF (Date Invoice paid Off). This will need a date (other than the default of 1/1/1900) for the checklinks/ reconcile to move from the open table to the history table.

------
Robert

Thanks Robert. I'll try this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back