Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pausing code 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey4Js

Technical User
Sep 5, 2002
AU
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is an easy one but my little Einstein guy is not working at the moment.

Anyway, what I would like to do is have my code pause and open a new form. I then click a button on that new form and, depending on what the button is, my code then goes on its merry way. I am sure this is possible, but I'm lost when it comes to gotos and such.

Thanks,

Joe

Hi,

You don't say why you want a pause!

It matters - how long i.e.?

You can use the timer on a form, or you can use a VB loop to do delay:

for x = 1 to 20000000000
doevents 'allows other Windows actions to occur such
'as running a form
next x

Regards,

Darrylle "Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level - then beat you with experience." darrylles@totalise.co.uk

Thanks Darrylle,

What I want to do is interrupt stop my code, fill in all the boxes on my new form that I open, click the command box to finish, and then return to my first form and resume my code from where I left off, with new instructions that depend on what I put on the second form.

I hope that makes things more clear.

Joe.

Joe,

Open the form in dialog mode by using the following code:

DoCmd.OpenForm "YourFormName", , , , , acDialog

An code follwoing this line will not be run until the form is closed.

Good luck!

Anthony J. DeSalvo
President - ScottTech Software
"Integrating Technology with Business"

That's pretty much exactly waht I needed.

Thanks Anthony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back