Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pause between holiday greeting and main greeting 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

geekinput

IS-IT--Management
Jan 26, 2010
US
Hi,

How can I reduce the pause between the holiday greeting and the main greeting? Even if we make sure there is no pause after the holiday greeting and before the main greeting it takes a while for the main greeting to play after the holiday one.

Thanks in advance for your help.

GI

You need to provide more info about the system.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Sorry about that...

I have an IP Office 500 (Office Manager v 8.1(22))

What type of voicemail?

BAZINGA!

What do you mean by the type of Voice Mail?

Not sure if this is what you are looking for: IP Office Voicemail Pro Client Version 6.1(21)

put a silence wav file between the two other wavs?

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

@hairlesssupportmonkey,

Wouldn't that make the pause between the holiday greeting and the main greeting larger? I want the delay between the to messages to be 2 or 3 seconds.

How is your call flow constructed?
I would normally expect announcements to follow one after the other with no noticeable delay (if recorded & configured correctly)

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Put in the file mc_02 3 or 4 times.
It is in the folder C:/Program Files/Avaya/IP Office/Voicemail Pro/VM/Wavs/ENU or whatever language you have installed.

BAZINGA!

I did not create the call flow but see if this helps:

8_31_2012_9_54_23_AM.png

It is obvious that I don't know how to configure what I need and I did not configure the system originally. I would appreciate if you can describe better what I need to do to fix it. Thanks.

We Can not tell because all those lines cross each other.

BAZINGA!

Never mind....

I figured out what was the problem. The timeout between the Holiday Menu and the MainAA menu was 7 seconds. I changed it to 1 second and it worked. Thanks anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back