Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

patition issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

felixcain

Technical User
Feb 8, 2006
PA
ok, i made an extra partition and the drive works ok, but one day the partition send me a message when i try to acces, says that i have to give format to enter in that partition, and if i give format to the partition, im gonna lost all my data, what i can do?

You may need to backup your data to an external drive and then format that partition.

yes but how, when i try to acces i cant because the message appear so i can do the backup, i need an explication about this issues, is so rare

You need to use a data recovery programme like "Get Data Back" or Easy Recovery Professional" to lift the data off that damaged partition. Then, and only then, should you try to format it. (Neither of these progammes are free I'm afraid).

You should ask questions as to why the partition became damaged - was it something you did inadvertantly, or is the drive on the way to hard disk heaven?

ROGER - G0AOZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back