Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pathing to images (IIS setting possible?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BG12424

Programmer
Jun 4, 2002
US
I have a question pertaining to an ASP website running on Windows 2003 Server and IIS 6. I created website that is publically accessible on a port for development purposes. You can access it here: to see the issue I'm having.

When the site renders, the image pointing to the folder "/images/imagename.gif" do not render. Also, if I view the properties of the image, I see that the path might be, for example, which does not find.

Any idea on what the issue could be, IIS setting maybe? Why wouldn't a relative path work in this scenario? Thanks in advance for any fixes or suggestions on where to look.

regards,
Brian

I'm guessing it has something to do with your onMouseOver=welcomeSectionMouseOver js function.

Try setting the img src relative to the js page with the function that is calling the img from a variable. ie. ../../../images/etc or whatever

When I FTP'ed the images folder to the server, even though my SmartFTP client showed that the files were on the server, they were in fact, NOT. I had to copy them directly and then they appeared. Anyone know why SmartFTP would show that they're on the server, but not really be? Thanks

regards,
Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back