Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Path Replacement between Nortel 7.0 and CUCM 8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

dab20

IS-IT--Management
Jul 29, 2013
US
Background: CS1000M (option 81) release 5.0 TIE [QSIG] to CUCM 8.5 with Path Replacement (tromboning OFF) worked for two years.

Problem: Upgraded Nortel to 7.0 - one way communication on Nortel side. Cisco phones hear two-way, Nortel phones hear nothing (or they may hear dial-tone).

Temporary work around: Turned Path Replacement OFF on Cisco side. This is still not a good solution as now we will potentially use more channels between the TIE, depending on how calls are being handled.

Additional information:

With path replacement ENABLED on the CUCM, we see the following scenarios in Nortel.

SCENARIO: RESULTS:
Cisco-->[QSIG]-->Nortel-->Nortel FAIL - and we see (BUG279, BUG9026, BUG4001,and XMI000)
Cisco-->[QSIG]-->Nortel -->Cisco SUCCESSFUL
Nortel-->[QSIG]-->Cisco -->Nortel SUCCESSFUL
Nortel -->Nortel -->[QSIG]-->Cisco SUCCESSFUL
Nortel -->[QSIG]-->Cisco-->Cisco SUCCESSFUL

Just thought someone else might have experienced this and found a solution.

-Dave

Did you ever find a cure? I am experiecing the same issue, bunt onlyk when I have a set FNA to another DN, and the calling NXX is 989.

What are the numbers following the XMI message? Based on the other messages it kind of seems to me that the path is not idling quick enough (or a clocking issue) - but I am not sure how the path replacement works on the Cisco ...

XMI0000 aaaa Message "aaaa" received from a Network Card (NT8D04). The possible
messages are: 1. PLL UNLOCK EVENT. The Network card lost synch with the
system clock. 2. MSG FROM SHELF x: XPEC ERROR 0001. This error is usually
self correcting. If may indicate a double timeslot problem or invalid call teardown.
3. TN READ UNBLOCKED: CNT=x. A number of SSD messages were sent to
the PS card but not acknowledged. In order to prevent the locking of the message
path, the Network card assumed the message was received. 4. Any of the
following three messages: XNET POLLING FAILURE ON PORT x RSIG LINK
LOST ON PORT #x - REINITIALIZED R71 DISASTER; CANNOT ALIGN
TRANSCEIVERS. These messages indicate that the Controller is not responding
to the Network card polling messages.
Action: 1. a. Ignore if message occur when clocks are switched.
b. If it occurs periodically, switch the clocks.
c. If it occurs often, replace Network card or clocks. Random XMI000 messages
may be generated if excessive Electrostatic Discharges (ESD) are allowed to
enter the system. These messages may be safely ignored. Refer to General
Maintenance Information (553-3001-500) for ESD avoidance practices.
2. a If message occurs rarely, ignore it.
b. If it occurs often, replace the Controller.
3. a. If message occurs rarely, ignore it.
b. If it occurs often, replace the PS or Network card.
4. a. Check cabling between Controller and Network.
b. Replace the Controller.
c. Replace the Network. In X11 Release 15 and 16, "FRw APx SQy TPz" is output
before the text, where "w" is the loop number. This data is not output in X11
Release 17 and later. Messages without text indicate that the Network or
Controller card have requested software download.
Severity: Critical. Critical to Monitor: No

XMI000 xpec error#0001 It acts like clocking, but if I run the call in a Nortel route, there is no issue and it only happens when the outside caller has a CLID that includes NPA 989( sorry, earlier I stated NXX). Also, on end FDN, called phone, that hears diatone when answering, I can place the call on hold, talk it back off, and complete the talk path.

Okay Taggtp - it says that network card has lost sync with system clock - what is your clocking status? I have seen where our secondary clock was trying to steal clocking from our primary clock (on a dual CPPM CS1000E Geo-Redundant system) and you could only catch it drifting into free run every seven minutes. So besides every 7th minute the clocking looked just fine (locked).

The tracking lights would blink and that was the only reason I caught the issue as I happened to be looking that them and knew that flashing was not a good sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back