Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

path not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

parker309

MIS
Jul 27, 2000
US
I am having a strange problem with a newly installed workstation. Once my user logged on he gets a "path not found" when opening any Office document. It is not the path to the application; it is the path to the file. The app. actually opens and displays the file but there is an error popup that says it couldn't find the file, but yet it opens it. This only happens when the file is double-clicked. If opened the traditional way, Open the application and File Open, then it works without error. Maybe this is an Office problem but don't know. Thanks in advance.

I've seen this. It normally happens when there is a space in the file name. It will try to open fragments of the path instead of the entire path. But for some reason, it will still open.

Not sure on a fix, but maybe that will point you in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back