Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Patching for shell shock 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rejackson

IS-IT--Management
Oct 4, 2005
US
Surprised no one is talking about this. Since this is a customer installed patch I have been looking at it hard. We have client agreeements about the security of our network so we have to do it when the patches come out.

In general I can do the patching process but this is my first one since we moved from CM 3 to CM6+ with SYS MGR, SSN MGR, and Platforms.

I have 56 LSPs rated as highly vulnerable. Each has a platform and a VM with CM on it. Add in the other stuff at the HQ and I have about 115 servers to patch. I have a vague memory of a sales person telling me that updates only had to be made at the main servers and the LSPs would get updated. I am thinking that must be in the CM not the underlying operating system which is where the vulnerability lies.

Does anyone have any comments about how they plan to deal with this or why they dont think they need to?

Thanks
Richard

sure just remove the file via win scp again and reboot

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Thanks everyone! I also got the following command from Avaya to remove it, rpm -e bash-3.2-33.el5_11.4.AV1.x86_64, thought I would share just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back