Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

patch tool 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kentucky

Technical User
Nov 5, 2002
US
photoshop cs2. patch tool

i am having problems using this tool.
how does it work.
it doesn't work like clone.
trying to take reflection out of car.
of persons face

With patch, you circle an area you want to process. Then you drag the circle to the spot you want to take the pixels from. It will try to blend the new pixels into the existing image. If you completely encircle a problem area, it will be replaced. If there is a substantial contrast difference at the edge of the patch, it will not produce a good result.

Try to make the source area that you obtain pixels from as close as possible to the desired result. If the patch runs through an area of high contrast, maintain the high contrast when selecting the source area.

Patch is VERY GOOD at blending areas where, clone for example, has left visible edges. I use patch at least as much as I use the clone tool, and far more than things like the healing brush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back