Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Patch "O" for ACS R7.0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewmar

Technical User
Feb 4, 2005
US
Hi,
Could someone help me find the place, where I can download patch "o" for ACS R7.0 processor.
Thank you.

You Can Download The R8 Software From Avaya And Upgrade With The Software

Forgive me for asking, but where in Avaya would I find it. I found PC Administration R8 for ACS, but I don't think it is it.

I could be wrong, but I believe that the R8 admin software will only let you upgrade R8 processors, not R7's. Haven't tried it yet, but that's what the help file says.

PC Administration software is just to remotely program the processors,not to upgrade them. I have seen the patch file for "O" upgrade, but Avaya moved it and I can't find it know.

Check out the new R8, and the R8 Programming software - the R8 allows you to add patches through the programming GUI. But again, it's only for the R8. It seems that for the R7 and earlier, you still need the flash tools software and a linear pc card.

I don't have problem with flash tool or linear PC, I don't have the actual file PACS_R7_91_O.bin.

TTT you can upgrade the R7's to R8 they are the same hardware just running the R8 firmware (did I scare you? thinking of the beginning with R7)

lewmar
the R7 is retired according to avaya support site and the R8 is not downloadable, I think Avaya sells the R8 as upgrade cards but I am not sure about that but I couldn't find a download for it

sammy1563
do you have a link for the R8 firmware??

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

I don't think upgrade to R8 is out there already. Sure, it would be far better upgrade to R8 but I’m afraid it would be more difficult to find it.

I think that since Avaya's break with Smart (was that their name?), you can't download the actual .bin files from Avaya's site. Some folks on eBay sell multi-use upgrade cards...

Mike

If you can find my email address somewhere on this forum, I can send you the 91O upgrade file. I have J,K, and O.

Just a thought, if you can upgrade the R8 with the admin tool, then you would think there is a R8 bin file somewhere in there.

A.J.

I heard the they want to sell the R8 upgrade cards that are a one time use card like the old R3 to R6 backup/restore and remote access cards and not offer it as an upgrade for download. That's what I heard but that might not be the truth but would make some sense as upgrades are rarely free especially if they don't fix things but bring you more features.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Thank you jinxs for the post, if you could upload the "O" patch to ftp://teletechnet.webhostingstar.com/ using login: teletech, and password: chicago123 I would highly appreciate it. I can help you with all your Nortel needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back