Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Patch for Arcserve 6.61Build 897 Patch??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavell

MIS
Aug 12, 2002
US
Hi,

We're in the process of upgrading from NT to 2K, and much to my dismay I found that ArcserveIT 6.61 does not install on W2K machines, at least not anything past the base product, no patches... I saw on their web site that they had a Build 897 patch that would allow this, but they removed it from their web site. Does anybody that downloaded this have it? Or do you know any other workaround to get 6.61 with patches fully installed on a Windows 2000 server?
I priced it out, and it will cost between 2 and $3500 to upgrade Arcserve and its agents and options to 2000 version, and we'd really like to get away from NT 4.

I appreciate any help!

Cavell

Hi
My Advice to you is to upgrde to the new version of BrightStor EB or BrightStor Arcserve it has less bugs
compering to old version.

Regards
Mohamdr

My e-mail is cavell.mcdermott@apw.com if the patch is less than 7mb, otherwise I can give you an ftp login. This is much appreciated Henry!

Cavell

Could you send me your e-mail address so I can give you our ftp information?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back