Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PAT Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

zinkann

ISP
Jan 8, 2008
US
I have a 5520 that is having issues. I have one Dynamic NAT for a few different inside networks to one public IP. Also, included in my block of public IP's i have a few static one to one NAT's. The problem is i recently added another ISP. I configured one of my ASA interfaces with the IP the new ISP gave me. I created a PAT for ONE of my inside networks to that one new public IP. So basically i have two ISP's connected to my ASA. One for my normal network and one for a special vlan. When i try to get out to the internet i can't. When i look at the logging on the ASA it is coming back "PORTMAP TRANSLATION CREATION FAILED" I have NAT CONTROL on. When i turn it off the portmap error goes away but i still can't get out. Please....any suggestions?

CCNA, Network+

I think the port map error is a red herring.

What are your routes reading?

You have 2 connections to 2 ISPs, how can you do a route for all zeros to both.

yeah, I've thought about that already. Can't be two default routes. I'll have to try something else.

CCNA, Network+

You said it was for a specific VLAN, do you have a target subnet on that vlan? If so, route to that.

yes, just one subnet that contains publicly accessed computers. i need them to go out the new t1 connection because that link is provided by the state and has content filtering. at the same time i need to manage those PC's to run anti virus updates and such. My server admin needs to be able to access them as needed. I set up a layer 2 vlan today, configured a PIX for the internet connection. The server admin set up a domain controller but we couldn't access our LAN from this new public LAN. I think it may have been an issue with the PIX not being able to route on its inside interface. This is turning into a nightmare.

CCNA, Network+

Does anyone know if an ASA can can route back out the inside interface, because i know a PIX can't. The way i have our ASA5520 i want to say it can, but i want to know for sure before i order one. thanks

CCNA, Network+

Can you do me a diagram?

Your PIX is capable of running the V8, buying new may be a waste.

If this is VPN, yes it can, normal traffic not sure but I have spare PIX/ASA so can give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back