Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pasting db data to excel w/out the "j"avascript icon being copied!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeeWond3r

IS-IT--Management
Sep 5, 2003
US
I've an asp frame that receives a Request.form query from the parent page, uses the Request.form data to load up the data from a db, then I wish to send that same Request.form query along w/ other query to another frame (for menu purposes). Confusing? Well, my main goal is to copy the all tabular data from a page (Select all & copy) and paste it into excel. But the problem is in that there's an "j"avascript icon which is also being pasted into excel. How would I be able to code the asp page so the icon won't be also copied over?

This is my javascript w/ in the asp page:

<SCRIPT type=&quot;text/javascript&quot;> parent.myotherframe.location=&quot;otherframe.asp?<%=Request.Form%>&data1=<%=data1%>&data2=<%=data2%>&quot;
</SCRIPT>

Is there another way of writing this w/out using javascript?

you could send the user an excel file.

Bastien

Any one have a techie job in Toronto, I need to work...being laid off sucks!

Your still posting the same thing - and it still dont make sense.

Another way of sending the data would be like this

<SCRIPT type=&quot;text/javascript&quot;> parent.myotherframe.location=&quot;otherframe.asp?<%=Request.Form%>&data1=<%=data1%>&data2=<%=data2%>&quot;
</SCRIPT>
<form method=&quot;get&quot; action=&quot;myotherframe.location.href&quot;>

<input type=&quot;text&quot; name=&quot;data1&quot; value=&quot;<%=data1%>&quot;>
<input type=&quot;text&quot; name=&quot;data2&quot; value=&quot;<%=data2%>&quot;>

etc
you will need to run a 'for - each' statement on request.form to split the form elements
</form>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back