Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paste Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

atmosphere

Programmer
Jul 28, 2003
US
Hey all

I am having problems with the paste special in excel. I need to copy from one sheet and paste to another, while preserving all borders, shading, column/row width/heights, font, ect

Thank you

is it throught code you are trying to do it, or just in teh sheet?

the code to paste with all formatting is

Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlAll, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=False,Transpose:=False

I belive you can not preserving row height (unless you are copying entire rows) or column width (unless they are entire columns). All other properties can be copied over.

yeah sorry about that, every thing apart from heights and widths

Jrao, how would i go about preserving row and column height if i do want to copy the whole row and column?

>Jrao (TechnicalUser) Jul 30, 2003
>I belive you can not preserving row height (unless you >are copying entire rows) or column width (unless they are >entire columns). All other properties can be copied over.

To copy rows or columns, select by click and drag (or <Shift>+arrow_key) on the left header column (the grayed numbers, 1,2,...) or the header row. The entire rows/columns are selected. Go to target sheet, select a cell on the 1st column/row and press <Ctrl>-V (or paste special with width or height box checked) to copy rows or columns, respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back