Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Past employee search using and employer id number

Status
Not open for further replies.

12obb

Technical User
Mar 3, 2007
US
I am searching for past employees of a particular company.
However I do not know their names. Can this search be done using the employers EIN? Does anyone know any other way?

a little more info. searching individual log files, datadases, etc???

It's probably a violation of privacy laws for that info to be given out by the company, and might also be a privacy violation for anyone else to provide such info, without the consent of the individual.

Without trying to be snoopy, what are you up to? There may be other ways to accomplish (keyword search of company name on resume site, for instance).

-------------------------
The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was - Steven Wright

I'm with John on that.

Ummm and if you don't know their names, how do you know their EIN?

I know their EIN number because I know the particular company they used to work for. I am trying to find any employees that have left that company. Thank you John for your help.

I have some information regarding some illegal practices conducted by the company. However without proof I cannot go to the police. I need a past employee to corroborate my story.

If you are an investigator with information of illegal practices, then you have enough to go to the police. If you are a standard joe with information, you should get a law enforcement official/investigator involved (that's what we pay them for). They can then decide if it is enough. Then, they can get past employees involved if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back