Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passwords expire frequently and before expiration date

Status
Not open for further replies.

nettdd

MIS
Oct 31, 2001
US
This has been occurring randomly. Seems to affect some users more than others. We are at NW51SP3 with patches. User password expires and forces them to change PW at login. Password changes successfully. The date (1/1/92) is successfully changed to a forward date. At some future login (not always the next login) the date seems to flash back to 1/1/92 forcing some users to enter a new password again ... and again ... and again.

Working with Novell on this. We have been looking at the replicas to see if there are discrepancies. Also checking the Novell client versions. We have isolated the majority of incidents to one container. Not certified ... just certifiable.

Do you get any errors in DSREPAIR? I would too also look at the Novell Client as this can be a common trick by the client.

What OS are you running? -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Are there any Servers within this particular container? If so, is DS replicating successfully? To find out...

SET DSTRACE=ON
SET DSTRACE=*S
SET DSTRACE=*H

Toggle over to the DSTRACE screen and see what it says?

Good Luck!

Focus of my attention was on the Novell client version, but this did not seem to be the problem (4.81). Unfortuately, I had to leave the company and have lost contact with this issue. Thanks anyways for the input. Not certified ... just certifiable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back