Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passwords being messed up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLLeBoeuf

Technical User
Sep 28, 2006
US
Hi. One of my clients has to call us almost weekly because the users passwords are being messed up. I have reset them to easy passwords, and when they try to log in it says " password invalid, please try again." Any idea why these passwords are being lost?
I have to go into Phone manager and reset them.

Do they do any administration in the system? If so, they may be keeping the config open after a send, so a week later, when they go to make changes, they're sending the password snapshot from a week earlier.

Hope this helps...

Kris G.

Nope, We put a password on the Server for reasons like that. We access the server remotely and it is me and one other person, the only application left open is the monitor application. VM Pro or Phone Manager are not left open, and they do not know the passwords of the Phone manager application.

I'm have this problem on 3.2 with remote sites using scn. Can't figure it out

If all of the passwords are being reset to default, then it is a firewall issue on the voicemail pc or somewhere along the network.

I recommend disabling the Windows Firewall Service itself under the Computer Management instead of turning it off in the Control Panel. Windows Firewall seems to never give up with IP Office.

I had this problem on a 406 with 3.2, and it went right away.

Good Luck,
Frank

Frank Robertshaw
The Phone Guy
nashville, TN

under Computer Management > Services , the Windows Firewall/ Internet Connection sharing option was started. So i disabled it...We'll see what happens...Any good tests i can do? Or do i have to wait until the users log in to their voicemail?

I have this issue with 3 different sites. It is always the remote sites of an SCN that loses the passwords. Have ticket open with Avaya. We will see if 3.2.53 fixes it.

This is just one site for me, It's happened probably 8 times to different people now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back