Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

password

Status
Not open for further replies.

DUF

Technical User
Mar 10, 2001
IE
Hi,
I have a home network with 3 computers connected,
How can I stop the computer asking for the network password every time it starts.
Is there a way to logon to the network without the password?

Thanks

Duff

Hi,
Thanks for the reply but I have tryed this and it still asks for the password all I have to do is press enter with no password to get by this and every thing is normal But how can i stop it from asking for the password?

regards

Duff

Hmm,
should really work with this tool, I remember having done this a few years ago. The question might be, which operating system you have.
In win2k prof it should also work the following way:
goto start/settings/control panel/user/advanced
uncheck a field that is named something like safe sign-on.
(Sorry for my Windows is not an English Version at the moment, so I don't have the exact links here).

Hi. Thanks for the reply
I am using win 98se and i have checked the box on the Logon tab but it still will not work

regards

Duff

Net Send problem. Network with 55 Pc's running on a domain. A couple of the workstations will not accept Net Send messages. Can ping ok and they run OK on the network apart from this small problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back