Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

password 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

synergy08

Technical User
Mar 31, 2008
US
Can soemone tell me how to change my login password?

I've tried to do this as well but the second level password does not work. Is there another way?

level 2 is unique to your switch, without it you can not change any pwd.. if you have access to element manager, you can change it under security

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks johnpoole and ghtrout. I was given the Level2 by the vendor which supposedly is the security id which I verified but it still will not let me change it. The vendor also left paperwork with the Level2 inside the switch which matches what I see when I print the security id. I understand there is a password diagnostic tool but don't know anymore than that. The vendor is no longer around in our area.

Yes..but I never get a prompt. We have over 37 systems and have sucessfully changed the Level 1 password on all of them except 1. We're going for consistancy and also too many people knew the level 1 and we've had issues.

Not sure how to do that, so we'll probably just live with it...unless there's an NTP for how to extract.

OK. Thanks ghtrout. I'll talk to my co-worker and maybe we can figure it out. Is this something you can do with PDT?

There is a process in PDT that the passwords can be decoded in 4.0 and below. If it is 4.5 and above it is a completely different process.

As mentioned before this information is not listed in any documentation and is borderline confidentional/inappropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back