Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

password + username problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
hi
i wonder if anyone can help. i'm making a database which has a table containing username & password as well as the users details. Bascially a user enters their username and password then clicks on a button to verify this information. If the username and password aren't contained in the database then they shouldn't be let in. On the other hand if the details are contained in the database they are let in. The username is entered into a text box called txtusername and the password is entered into one called txtpassword.

If anyone could help me, i hope i've explained my problem clearly enough, i would be extremely grateful.
Thanks
floyyd

Your doing work that has not to be done but it can be done that way too ...

Tools -> Startup ... the form that opens would be the Login one containing your text box ... with a button Login ...
On that click you check in the DB and verify the login + password ...

If correct you open another form ... if not you give a message and close db ...

Cheers
Vince ...

IE : acccess has security fonctions ... why not use them ? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back